REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #54 - June 2008 [spoilers]

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 6 20:50:15 PDT 2008

On Sunday 6 July 2008 Lalo Martins (lalo.martins at gmail.com) felt compelled
to point out the obvious:

> That's a summary, not a review. Was it so good that you had nothing to
> say, or so bad that you didn't dare?

As Jamas has already pointed out, I tend to do that from time to time.
Okay, fine, forget that - I tend to do it a lot.  On this occasion I was
cranky - mainly at myself - for not being able to finish LNHv2#28 last
week (I only just sent the prelimary draft off for editorial review this
morning) and then get on with stuff for Beige Midnight.  So, basically,
I went "fsck it!" and just mainly posted plot summaries.  I deliberately
went out of my way to find something to talk about with new stuff like
_Chessmen_ and _Guardian Sentai Roboman_, and I was able to put in minor
comments without too much effort for _Jolt City_ and _Extreme_.  As for
things like _58.5_, _ASH_, and _Reverse Engineers_, they were much the
same quality as every month, and for time reasons I just didn't feel
up cudgelling my brain to find a new angle of discussion.

There, now you know my dirty secret.  Well, one of my dirty secrets.

-----
Saxon Brenton   University of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
     saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex
world of jet-powered apes and time-travel." - Superman, JLA Classified #3