META: Writer's Block and Crazy-Ass Ideas

Andrew Burton tuglyraisin at aol.com
Tue Jul 1 21:37:48 PDT 2008

Tom Russell wrote:
 > I especially have trouble coming up with villains who aren't the main
 > focus of a given story; writing JOLT CITY # 10, which introduced over
 > twenty-odd villains, was something of a nightmare.  I often try to
 > jump-start the process by surfing the internet, hoping something or
 > another will pop up and I'll go, "Ooh, I'll use that!"

See, I avoid having that happen by making my villains the good guys!
Let's face it, nine times out of ten the villains are more interesting.
  They drive the story.  They pro-actively innovate.  Why should the
heroes get all the attention, when they're second fiddle to the villains
anyway.  :)

 > Anyone else want to share their thoughts on writer's block, crazy-ass
 > ideas, and inspiration?

I normally do, but writer's block

--
Andrew Burton