8FOLD/ACRA: Doomed Romance # 4: CUT OUT MY HEART, PART ONE OF TWO

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 29 23:33:01 PST 2008

Thank you very much for the kind words, Andrew.  I hope the second
part doesn't disappoint you.

On Feb 29, 6:21 pm, Tarq <mitchell_cro... at caladrius.com.au> wrote:

> I'm assuming you meant 'voila'? As a musician who's studied French,
> that stood out like a sore thumb to me, so I just thought I'd correct
> it. =P

Duly noted.

I was thinking of changing it any way-- "vulva! I'm a woman" just
seems to have a certain ring to it, don't you think? :-)

> All in all, a great read. I'd be interested in knowing a little more
> about *why* Tuck wants to be a woman; you've said that he had been
> "always been one, all along" inside, but it still seems a little
> spontaneous.

Early drafts of the story concentrated more on this side of things,
but it seemed to distract from the focus-- Tuck and Cordelia's
disintegrating marriage.  And while the second issue won't answer,
exactly, why Tuck wanted to get a sex change, it will shed some more
light in the subject; I find that KINKY ROMANCE gives me a bit more
room to breathe and explore.  DOOMED ROMANCE, on the other hand, is
usually more tightly focused.

But that seems to work for the two titles; KINKY ROMANCE is *about*
exploration, while DOOMED ROMANCE is fixated upon failure and loss.

Thanks again to both of you for your kind comments, and I hope you
enjoy the second part of the story when it comes out later this month.

==Tom