META/POLL: The Purpose of Criticism

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 21 07:52:16 PST 2008

On Feb 21, 10:12 am, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There was the Crooked Man crime scene in Jolt City #2.

True, but he was _asked_ to investigate that because of the Snapp
connection, and thus given implicit permission.  I think the police of
Jolt City, having worked with "a" Green Knight since the early
seventies, would have taken it for granted that he wouldn't foul up a
crime scene.  He was very much a "working with the police" kinda of
guy, as opposed to the "shadowy vigilante wanted by the police" kinda
of guy.  Kinda like Batman and Robin in the fifties and early
sixties-- unofficial police.

But, yeah, I understand how that trope bothers you.

==Tom