META/POLL: The Purpose of Criticism

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 06:34:41 PST 2008

On Feb 19, 7:24 pm, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It was in Russell's Review's #2.  You were refering to Officer Tom
> Jackson feeling bad over having shot somebody in self defense.  As I
> said in response at the time, I thought it would have been more
> accurate to complain that such a scene was becoming cliche in
> Superfreaks.

Ah, see, I was googling the phrase "Few and far between".  I see your
point, though-- I was just giving my impression, which is that very
very few episodes have any gun play.

> Real people are more predictable than that.  If you truly know a
> person, you can predict how they will react.

I completely, totally, and emphatically disagree.  Some people are
like that, yes-- but they are the least interesting people on the
planet.

==Tom