REVIEW: Russell's Reviews Volume One # 5

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 18:16:22 PST 2008

Arthur,

I hope my thoughts didn't come across as being angry in any way.  I
still have the utmost respect for you as a writer and as a person.

I probably will just wait until after BM is over.  I think the reason
why this feels different to me than previous big multi-author
crossovers is that there's been this whole year of time building up to
it in one way or the other-- and that in Countdown to Biege Midnight
and Biege Midnight a lot of characters were tied up in it.

I think it's quite possible that if I had had more energy to follow
the various discussions and the time to participate along the way, I
wouldn't have the same feeling, so it's as much my own circumstances
as it is anything else.  I certainly didn't mean to imply in anyway
that you or anyone else have "taken over" the entire LNH, just that I
lately can't muster up much enthusiasm for it in general and BM in
particular.  I might feel differently, of course, when I read the
actual storyline.

My words should be taken as less an anti-BM rant and more of an
explanation as to why I've missed a lot of recent LNH stuff, and my
trepiditions about continuity-intensive storylines in the Looniverse.

Now, I do love me some continuity, and I wouldn't want to post
anything that contradicts the stories of others.  So I wouldn't want
to just ignore BM in any way, shape, or form-- I'd rather just wait
until afterwards.

And I most likely will read the story-- I think any negative feelings
I may have are directed more to the build-up, such as it is, than to
the actual story, which might end up being completely marvelous.

==Tom