[RACCies] Limp Eligibles for 2008

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 23 19:21:43 PST 2008

[RACCies] Limp Eligibles for 2008

At the moment I'm in the final throws of tidying up both work-work
and creative writing-work before I hop on the train to spend
Christmas with the family at the beach (oh, and stuffing my face
with junk food because at UTS Library we believe in having a
nibblies table in the workroom on the final day).  I'll just
quickly throw out my RACCies eligibles list.

So.  This year I wrote diddly-squat in the way on _Limp-Asparagus
Lad_.  Instead, I went and played in the Beige sandpit with some
vaguely vague ties-ins.

Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #24  [LNH]
   'Attack Of The Vampire Cows'
   Ripping Dancer, Fearless Leader and You're-Not-Hitting-Me-
Hard-Enough Lad fight vampire cows.

Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #25  [LNH]
   'Idiot Plot: It Was Worth It'
   Not a Beige anything story.  Sometimes the best way to deal with
paparazzi is to use a voodoo fetish to messily dismember a group of
them in public.

Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #26  [LNH]
   'Where Monsters Come From'
   Very Big Boy teaches a class of newbie net.heroes how to deal
with daikaiju.  This was something trimmed from another story, and
in retrospect it doesn't work to well as a stand alone.

Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #27  and  #28  [LNH]
   'Funky Monkeys' part 1 and 2
   Super-Gorilla Krodd and his Furry Fruit Flavours take over the
expanded Legion.  Featuring more newbie net.heroes than Fuzzy can
grind her teeth at, and Cheesecake-Eater Lad's Mind-Liberating
Fudge Ripple Cheesecake.

I also wrote the 'away team' scenes in Beige Midnight #1 through 3.

Aaannnd I wrote the Ripping Dancer/Pantra scene in _58.5_ #42  (it
was originally going to be the opening to the 'Vampire Cows' story,
but continuity got in the way).

In non-LNH stuff I have two short-ish stories written for anthologies,
even if one of them has not necessarily turned out that way.

Jolt City Adventures #1  [Eightfold]
  'Just Another Day'
   Posted just a few hours ago, and probably would have been posted
earlier if I had noticed Tom's email when it actually arrived in
the inbox and replied to it in a timely manner.  This is an episode
in the early days of the Green Knight, back when he was still the
Acrobat and sidekick to his mentor, the first Green Knight.

'Twas the Night Before GIMF...'  [Academy of Super-Heroes]
   Holiday story for Dvandom's ASH Holdiay Special anthology,
nominally due some time in the last week of December.

-----
Saxon Brenton   University of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
     saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au     saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex
world of jet-powered apes and time-travel." - Superman, JLA Classified #3