[ASH] LL&DD Christmas Special

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 15:41:43 PST 2008

I haven't written a proper story review in a good long while (my
attentions as far as writing criticism goes have by now firmly
cemented themselves to the confines of my magazine, Russell's
Quarterly, and its purvue, so I do not forsee a return to the flurry
of reviews I wrote in '07 and my quickly aborted attempts at a weekly
revue of reviews earlier this year) so please forgive me if this is
necessarily brief and probably altogether unhelpful.  Ahem.

I liked it.  I liked it a lot.  I liked how much stranger and more
vulnerable Cameron seemed this time around-- burning cookies for love
and so-on.  I liked some of the unexplained bits, such as Jennifer's
annoyance at her parents' little jokes.  That's the stuff of life,
right there-- and it is life that concerns the best art and artists.

==Tom