[ASH] Derek Radner's Private Journal #5 - What's In A Name?

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 9 15:51:38 PDT 2008

On Weds 9 April 2008 Dvandom posted:

Dunno if this fits into your scheme as a merely variation of
groups or is something new.  When I named the character of
Slowpoke, his rationale was because it was a codename that
nobody else was using or likley to use.  Which of course is
deliberate choice of Stupid from someone who, for whatever
reason, doesn't care, and possibly is going for a
non-descriptive name.  (Possibly anti-descriptive if you take
it as a measure of his intelligence, since in the last few
months I've come to realise that Slowpoke is a lot smarter
than he lets other people think, because he's scared crapless
that he might be labelled as having malign hypercognition
disorder).

> (Note in margin) Remember Meathead when in power.  Don't
> dismiss the seemingly stupid muscle, they may be sandbagging
> because everyone expects bricks to be dumb.  Ask their advice,
> and never underestimate them.

Oh ho.  So, in CSV Ann.2, was Derek *really* asking Peryton for
his opinion because he was interested in his opinion, or because
he was checking out how bright the muscle beast/pretty boy was?
Pfft.  probably both, knowing Devious Derek.

---
Saxon Brenton

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT