LNH/Meta: Lalo's Archive

Tarq mitchell_crouch at caladrius.com.au
Tue Sep 11 02:46:34 PDT 2007

I gave it a quick look-over, and I've got to say that I'm impressed.
The layout of the site and archives is very easy and friendly, though
a few things that I picked up on:

1. The search didn't work for me. I'm not sure what went wrong there.
It came up with something resembling an error message each time I
tried, so if you want me to copypasta that for you, just let me know.

2. The Archives page could really do with some separation between the
bottom of the table and the bottom of the page, especially since the
text gets big and bold when you scroll the cursor over it. It detracts
from the smoothness of what is otherwise a very smooth page, and makes
it difficult to tell when you're at the bottom (especially so when the
location of the bottom changes each time you put your mouse over some
words =P )

3. There were a couple of Alt.stralian Yarns issues missing, too (4,
6, 8 and 12). The only Adventures Beyond Comprehension was #10, which
is probably because others weren't posted in the specified time frame,
but it would probably be a good idea to add them anyway. Drabble Girl
#37 was also missing. A few of the earlier LNHCP, LNHv2, Onion Lad,
Stomper Files, Untold Tales are also not there, probably for the same
reason as the earlier ABC. While it makes sense that these latter ones
are missing their earlier issues, it is a bit disconcerting to see it
start at #7 or #10 or #12.

On the brighter side though, over 100 issues of Haiku Gorilla without
a single one mysteriously having disappeared! THAT's impressive! =)

I didn't get a chance to check up on the Older Titles section (like I
said, I only gave it a quick look-over), but I'm sure that they all
went off without a hitch. Good job on creating a pretty damn
comprehensive archive of almost a year of LNH titles!,

~Mitchell  =D