[RACCies] 2006 (13th Annual) RACCies Awards

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 22:32:09 PDT 2007

>From the bottom of my heart-- thank you.  And congratulations to
everyone else who won, too.

> RACC6.  FAVORITE HERO/PROTAGONIST:
>    Wiki Boy  [LNH]  (1st)  {19 points}
>    Been-Out-Bush-For-Way-Too-Long Man  [LNH]  (2nd)  {11 points}
>    Cherry and Salsa (the girls on the beach blankets)  [LNHY]
>          (3rd)  {8 points}

> RACC8.  FAVORITE SUPPORTING CHARACTER:
>    Wiki Boy  [LNH]  (1st)  {19 points}
>    Sister State-the-Obvious  [LNH]  (2nd)  {15 points}
>    Fred  [LNH]  (3rd)  {12 points}

I'm glad WikiBoy's become such a well-liked character.  I suppose
someone should do a story in which he's edited into two WikiBoys, and
one can be the supporting Wiki to the heroic other one. ;-)

> RACC11.  FAVORITE ACRAPHOBE/ADULT OFFERING:  ditto, but serious:
>    Jolt City  [8Fold]  (1st)  {15 points}
>    Super-Stomach Girl  [Misc]  (2nd)  {9 points}
>    Academy of Super Heroes  [ASH]  (equal 3rd)  {6 points}
>    Godling  [Misc]  (equal 3rd)  {6 points}

Thank you very kindly.  I greatly enjoy writing Jolt City, and the
eleventh issue just might make its way to RACC this month.  I make no
promises-- it's gotten very difficult for me to read or write much of
anything at the moment.  But thank you all.

> RACC15.  BEST FLAMEWAR:  by thread, not instigator:
>    Any analysis of Jesse Willey's writing by Tom Russell
>          (1st)  {23 points}
>    Most offensive thread ever!  (2nd)  {14 points}
>    Tuckerizations and Character Names  (3rd)  {13 points}

I know the flame war is named by thread and not instigator, but does
this still count as a win for myself and Jesse? ;-)

> `THE CRAPPING ON GARTH ENNIS FROM A GREAT HEIGHT' Award to
> Tom Russell, for being the most vocal proponent of the idea that
> superheroes should act like heroes.

I think I'm most proud of this one.  It certainly beats the only other
discretionary award I can remember recieving-- The Ed Wood Golden Pie
Plate Award.

Thanks again.

==Tom