Superfreaks/ACRA: Superfreaks Season 3 #2

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 24 17:52:30 PDT 2007

On Oct 25, 1:52 am, EDMLite <robroger... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 5, 5:26 am, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >   "The madder I get the stronger I get!" Jean said.
> > "And right now I am seriously pissed off!"
> >   The next words that Extreme said he probably should
> > not have said.  "That time of the month, is it?"
>
> I hereby nominate Martin for a new RACCies category:
> writing the line that makes one laugh for twenty
> minutes straight, after one has first checked to
> make sure one's girlfriend is not in the room.

I don't know if I should be condemned for misogony or praised for
being able to laugh at my own misfortune.

> >   "Dead?" Extreme said.  "No, she's fine.  She just
> > passed out."
> >   "But then why are you crying?"
> >   "She heated the air to over a hundred degrees!"
> > Extreme explained.  "Believe me when that gets in your
> > eyes it really stings!"
>
> The first time I read this, I thought, "100 degrees?
> Big deal!  Every other day of July this year was
> 100 degrees."
>
> And then I realized that I lived in the only part
> of the world that doesn't use the centigrade
> system.

Doh!  A hundred degrees sounds hot to me.  I should have said a
million.  A million sounds like hyperbole but I read after posting
this that nuclear weapons heat the air to about five million degrees
at ground zero.  I don't know if that's Celcius or Fahrenheit.

> Another great issue...
>
> --Easily-Discovered Man Lite
> --Wishes he could read as fast
> as Martin writes

I wish I could too.  It's damn hard to edit your own stuff when you
don't have time to read it. :)

Martin