8FOLD: Doomed Romance # 1

Andrew Burton tuglyraisin at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 20:27:30 PDT 2007

Tom Russell wrote:
>    It's been four years now since the last time I saw
> Emily.  I can't quite remember what she looks like.  I
> try to hold her together but she's all jumbled up.

This story falls into a weird category that's only held one story up to
now: I'm glad I read it, but I didn't like reading it.  That's not as
simple as it sounds, though.  This story is very well written.  The scenes
and characters are wonderfully done.  It's a top-notch piece. It's just
that reading it really did a number on me.  It's such a sweet, melancholy
story of love and how love can mess you up, lift up you, and mess you up
all over.

Creepy and wonderful.

Very good show, Mr. Russell.

--