LNH: 58.5 #10 Supersized Special!

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 8 11:37:01 PDT 2007

Hi.  I'm back.  I've just spent the last week-and-a-bit on leave
working with my dad to renovate a kitchen, and I haven't had
access to either work or home internet during that time.  It'll
probably take a while to catch up with the postings, and in the
meantime I've been so exhausted that I'm even further behind
than normal with my writing...

Martin wrote:
>> "Good Morning", said PPOOH Lad. "Hope you slept well?"> > Heh. Here's some characters I'd like Saxon to use in a future story:> > The Acronym Squad Supreme!> > Sometimes Hits Injured Teens Lad!> Frequently Underrated Cameo King Lad!> Doesn't Always Make Noise Lad!> Couldn't Reason Around People Lad!
I'm sure that I noted what the acronym for Pulls-Paper-Out-Of-Hats
Lad was as far back as my preparations for the 'Decimation' arc in
L-ALad -- and although I can't find any trace of it on the newsgroup
I'm also sure that I decided to avoid it wherever possible.
But you realised that later, so I'm not going to rag on about it too
much.  Just let it be noted that if you want to be purile with the
names of the Legionnaires, you're going to have to write the stories
yourself.

> What's going to happen is that Saxon's fingers will either start to > bleed as a result of excess typing or he'll end up having to type bad > words in caps.  Heh heh heh.

Bah humbug.  This is exactly the sort of thing that the copy'n'paste
function in word processing programs were made for.
 > Oh and I'm sorry, Saxon, that I never replied to your query about> Hellery: in retrospect, there is no reason why Hillery and Hellery> could not both have been from the planet Victorvictoria in our> Looniverse and the mirror Looniverse, respectively. Having a> character be both a witch and a hermeoaphrodite is not unheard of,> especially in Japanese animations. :)
Okay, I'll see what - if anything - I can do with that.  But it suddenly
occurs to me that Hellary being a hermaphrodite adds a whole new
layer of subtext to her slinking around in those White Queen outfits
for the Heckfire Club.

Then Rob noted:
>> Retcon Lad waved his hand dismissively.  "Feh.  It doesn't >>> matter whether your powers come from biology, mystical >> empowerment, or skills.  If they can go towards you being >> counted as a superhero, then they can be inherited by Lamarkian >> or even Sheldrakian means." >
> Heh... at last, an explanation of both "Spider-Girl" and > current issues of "The Flash" that actually makes sense.

I'm pretty sure I was thinking of the way the Connor Hawke Green
Arrow ended up with the archery skills of his Ollie Queen Green Arrow
father without having met him until young adulthood, but in retrospect
I was probably influenced by the way Susan Sto Helit inherited the
abilities of her adopted grandfather, Death, in the Disworld novels.
But there are more than enough examples to go around.

-----
Saxon Brenton    Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
What are you waiting for? Join Lavalife FREE
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D30288&_t=764581033&_r=email_taglines_Join_free_OCT07&_m=EXT