LNH: Possum-Man: Relinquished #3: Regaining the Mantle

Tarq mitchell_crouch at caladrius.com.au
Thu Oct 4 18:08:52 PDT 2007

On Oct 4, 10:41 pm, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 3, 1:00 pm, Tarq <mitchell_cro... at caladrius.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Pos cleared his throat, and began to read out loud; "Uh, yadda yadda
> > yadda... here we go. '...Duck McMuck, and the infamous Green-on-Black, who
> > citizens fear he may be working with.'"
>
> > "Exactly! Do you see?"
>
> > Possum-Man nodded angrily. "Boy, do I ever. 'He may be working with'
> > indeed! Ending a sentence with a preposition. That's disgusting! And
> > from a journalist, too!"
>
> > "Society's become a den of drivelling swine," McMuck agreed airily.
>
> > "That should _clearly_ be 'with whom, citizens fear, he may be
> > working'!"
>
> This is the sort of obsessive grammarianism up with which I can not
> put. :)

See, prepositions at the ends of sentences is something that really
bugs me, probably because I know that I do it just as much as anyone
else. The most commonly abused one, or so I believe, is 'with', which
is why I used it here. On a mostly unrelated note, dammar, gammer,
gamma, hammer, clamour, glamour, mamma, crammer, shammer, stammer,
yammer, windjammer, sledgehammer, enamour, programmer, Alabama and
yellowhammer are all the words in the English language that rhyme with
grammar. I think.

> Martin

~Mitchell. Thanks for reading!