Superfreaks/ACRA: Superfreaks Season 3 #1

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 04:58:45 PDT 2007

On Oct 4, 12:58 pm, Tom Russell <milos_par... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I like the way you worked the exposition in here, Martin-- it didn't
> interrupt the flow, it felt natural (as the two clones would probably
> not know much about the legality of cloning), and it imparted very
> important information.

One of the ironies of Superfreaks is how the detectives are much
smarter than the heroes, which is the opposite extreme by a mile from
the old Batman TV series in which Commissioner Gordon would be sitting
on a pile of deliberate, obvious clues waiting for Batman and Robin to
show up and tell them what they mean.  In real life it would make very
little sense for professional detectives to be so useless. :)

Incidentally, the answer to your question of how the clones are
incubated: it's a bit of both with the cloned fetus being removed
prematurely and then fed growth hormones.  (Believe it or not, a human
fetus can be removed almost three months premature and not only
survive but go on to be a healthy baby.  I hope.)  I touched on this
before: in particular, there's no way that a woman could carry an
Extreme clone to full term. :)

In animal cloning, there are typically three parents, the DNA donor,
the egg donor and the incubator.  The egg donor supplies the
mitochondrial DNA, not the incubator.

Martin