LNH: 58.5 #10 Supersized Special!

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:17:20 PDT 2007

Lalo Martins wrote:

> The Geekobot laughed.  "That it is.  But the fact doesn't help
> me.  No, I picked this form because that 'Doctor' character
> struck me as smart and resourceful.  Van'kesh picked his
> disguise because he thought it would be scary.  Prey, because
> it's renowned to be fast."

Does the fact that the leader of the Geekobots is a
TARDIS suggest, perhaps, the place of Doctor
Who fans in the hierarchy of fandoms...?

> Triangle Lad.  Triangle Lad.  Triangle Lad hits Platinex.  They
> have a fight.  Triangle wins.  Triangle Lad.

Triangle Lad must be in good shape... *8-)

> "Bleah!  I think I did something really stupid," she said,
> remonstrating herself.  She paused.  "Actually, I think I was
> made to do something really stupid."

Sometimes when you stare into the abyss,
the abyss decides to screw with your powers...

> Retcon Lad waved his hand dismissively.  "Feh.  It doesn't
> matter whether your powers come from biology, mystical
> empowerment, or skills.  If they can go towards you being
> counted as a superhero, then they can be inherited by Lamarkian
> or even Sheldrakian means."

Heh... at last, an explanation of both "Spider-Girl" and
current issues of "The Flash" that actually makes
sense.  One would think this is the sort of thing that
gets brought up in sex education classes at
Net.ropolis High.

Another terrific issue.  Will future issues parody the
concept of "the 52" in the DC Universe... perhaps
referring to the maximum number of LNH writers
at any point in history?

--Easily-Discovered Man Lite
--Finds the "Hey, baby, want to help me
pass my powers on to a new generation that
will eventually travel back through time and
attempt to mess with our lives?" line
doesn't work as well as he'd like in
singles bars