[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #46 - October 2007 [spoilers]

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 12:37:55 PST 2007

On Nov 14, 10:57 pm, Saxon Brenton <saxonbren... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 15 Nov 2007 Martin replied:

> >>      Looking over the sexually suggestive shenanigans in _Coherent
> >> Super Stories_ #10, _Superfreaks Season 3_ #3, and my own _Legion of
> >> Net.Heroes Vol.2_ #23, I believe that I shall arbitrarily declare
> >> October 2007 to be... Smutober!

I *knew* I should have posted KINKY ROMANCE # 1 last month. :-P

> > Hmm.  I suppose I could have killed Jean off, had her cloned
> > and have Scott fall in love with the clone only to have Jean
> > come back and fight her clone.  Except it was dumb when Marvel
> > did it.
>
> To be fair Marvel had painted themselves into a corner with the way
> Cyclops had abandoned his wife and child in order to get the high
> concept of the first X-Factor series to work.

Hasn't Cyclops always been a jerk, though?  Even the original Maddie
Pryor storyline had him acting like a complete goober-- I'm thinking
of Scott asking her shortly before the wedding if she was, in fact,
Jean Grey come back from the dead-- a question that is insulting to
say the least.  And-- keep in mind I'm not an X-fan, so I could get
the facts wrong here-- but when he discovers his father is alive, he's
kind of an ass there too.  Granted, I understand it all-- father
issues, dead girlfriend issues-- but I'm amazed at how often people
have said it was out-of-character for Scott Summers to leave his wife
and child, or the recent affair with the White Queen.  Because I think
it's totally in character for Scott Summers to be a selfish prick.

==Tom