[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #46 - October 2007 [spoilers]

Jamie Rosen jamie.rosen at sunlife.com
Wed Nov 14 10:05:46 PST 2007

Saxon Brenton wrote:

> And then there's the question of whether Judas is the Biblical Judas
> Iscariot, but I'm guessing that that is a mystery that should be drawn
> out for as long as possible.

I never intended for it to be a mystery, but like a lot of things (see
below) I think that kind of got lost in my rush to get the issue out
for Hallowe'en.

Another thing that got lost in the rush would have made him a bit more
sympathetic; yes, he killed the preacher because it was what he was
paid to do -- but he then massacred an entire town full of vampires,
in a sense accomplishing what the preacher couldn't. Because I wrote
it so quickly, I really didn't establish that the way I wanted to.

I'm extremely dissatisfied with this story, as I feel it isn't
anywhere near the level of quality of which I'm capable. The idea is
solid, but the execution is slapdash. The one saving grace is that I
wanted it to be a self-contained story, rather than a decompressed
multi-parter, and it certainly was.