LNH: Legion of Net.Heroes Vol.2 #23

Saxon Brenton saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au
Wed Nov 7 19:11:44 PST 2007

On 22 Oct 2007 Tom Russell <milos_par... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Oh my goodness!  A new Saxon Brenton story!
>
> And a spicy one, too. :-P

But spicy stories, like spicy food, may not necessarily be
to everyone's taste  :-)

> Saxon, I think you capture the 'feel' of slash fiction perfectly--
> though, having not read any actual slash fiction, I base this on the
> assumption that it lies somewhere between normal fan-fiction and
> bad porn. :-)

Pretty much.  In fact, I strongly suspect that the combination of the
bad 'amateur writing style' of a lot of fanfiction and the bad 'porn
needs no plot except as the contrivance to get to the sex scene' of
a lot of porn means that slashfic suffers even more badly under
Sturgeon's Law ("90% of everything is crap") than most other
amateur fiction.

[...]
>> [multipart_alternative_part]
>
> You know, I had this same problem around the time I was posting
> "Speak", but with my yahoo mail account.  Thanks to the suggestions of
> Eagle and Jamas, I poked around a bit and switched my Yahoo mail
> options to compose in plain text only, and that seemed to solve the
> problem.

I shall bear that in mind.  I've already done some poking around,
and it seemed to post okay for the September End of Month Reviews.

---
Saxon Brenton
     saxon.brenton at uts.edu.au     saxonbrenton at hotmail.com