LNH: Beige Countdown #11: 'Knight to Bishop to King'

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 06:35:34 PDT 2007

Also spracht Arthur Spitzer (Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:47:24 +0000):
> "Look.  Let me just explain.  You see -- I'm a writer.  Well, okay,
> 'amateur' writer.  And I write for this kind of shared universe thingee
> called the Teenage Disco Vampire Barbershop Quartet Net.Force Universe.
>   You see -- me and some friends of mine on the Internet back in -- I
> dunno -- '92 maybe?  Well, we were goofing around and stuff -- posting
> nonsense and this story formed.  And more people started writing on it
> -- some from other countries -- and well, it all started to get crazy.
> And it was fun at first.  But you know these things.  They sort of drag
> on and drag on.  You can do this stuff when you're in your twenties, but
> when you get into your thirties -- well, it starts to become a hassle.
> And it's not like you're getting paid.  And, look, how many stories
> about Teenage Vampires who have Disco Powers who work for the government
> when they're not singing in a barbershop quartet and fighting crime can
> you really tell?  I mean really?  I mean, Jesus."

Let me reiterate in public how much I love this.  The ability to laugh at
yourself -- or a group you belong to -- is a big character virtue in my
book :-)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
(who developed an irrational fear of beige clocks)
                           -----
                  http://lalomartins.info/
GNU: never give up freedom              http://www.gnu.org/