LNH/META: That monster isn't going to fit in your pocket

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Thu May 31 22:17:01 PDT 2007

A fanboyish thought that occurred to me at the bus stop yesterday
evening

(and I can't be-LEVIE that this didn't occur to me earlier)

The Looniearth has hackemon ('hackable monsters') which are
small, pocket sized mon... well, I'm sure you're familar with
the source material.

But the hackemon were just part of the preminary tests for the
Century Pacts program of cybernetic superpowers.  They have
different natures to the final superpowers released by the Pact
(the whole 'evolving to the next stage' schtick, for a start).
What if those abilities hadn't been properly beta tested?  What
if some hackemon have a very strange pattern of evolving?  What
if kids all the world are discovering that under certain esoteric
(or not so esotreric) circumstances their hackemon turn into
giant-sized DAIKAIJU HACKEMON!

(Go on.  You know you want to.  The kewlness compels you.)

Good thing I've got Very Big Boy to pound them into submission
so that they can be shipped off to Mons.dir/ island.

---
Saxon Brenton   Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia