LNH: LNH COMICS PRESENTS # 38: Infinite Leadership Crisis Part Three: Catalyst Lass

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 21:52:52 PDT 2007

On May 13, 8:15 am, Tom Russell <milos_par... at yahoo.com> wrote:

>    News of the coup spreads quickly, and the LNH is,
> for the most part, not happy.  Pocket Man is
> thankfully not around to hear the things being said
> about him; WikiBoy, not being so lucky, is the victim
> of a number of unusually cruel edits.
>    Mainstream Man enters the cafeteria.  He comes to
> Cheesecake-Eater Lad's table, holding his tray in one
> hand and an over-sized slipcase Absolute Edition of
> Jungle Cheesecake in the other.
>    "No one else will let me sit with them," says
> Mainstream Man.
>    The portly practitioner of the pastry arts snorts.
> "Small wonder after what you've done.  I hope whatever
> she promised you is worth it."
>    "She didn't promise me anything," says Mainstream
> Man.
>    "Then you're an idiot," snarls Cheesecake-Eater
> Lad.  "Not only do you take part in this secret
> meeting, but you do it of your own free will?"

Your characterisation of Catalyst Lass makes a lot of sense, Tom.
Jameel's and Jeff's versions were both a bit ditzy in their own way.
I once jokingly pointed out that her ability to get people to do what
she wanted would have made her a lot like Chatillon, the villain from
Net.Heroes on Parade, and, sure enough, her desire to become LNH
Leader almost bordered on malevalent (as did Irony Man's [or, for that
matter, Iron Man's desire to lead the Legion of Marvel Universe
Heroes]).  As it turned out, her ability to manipulate people was put
to good use and she was redeemed in the eyes of her teammates
although, to her credit, perhaps not in her own eyes.

Martin