LNH: LNH Comics Presents #500: INFINITE LEADERSHIP CRY.SIG Episode 465 -- Part II

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 05:06:06 PDT 2007

On May 3, 4:08 pm, Tarq <mitchell_cro... at caladrius.com.au> wrote:
> On May 2, 10:17 pm, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:> Nice story.  Nice story indeed.
>
> I agree 100% up to this point.
>
> > BUT...
>
> 101%
>
> > The ending was a BIT anticlimactic.
>
> Anticlimactic wouldn't quite be the word I'd use. It's accurate, in a
> sense, but I think that it seems sort of abrupt to have all this
> hysterically funny build-up to one really sort of serious... warning.
> That's how I would describe it. The crossover itself wasn't so much a
> big thing in itself as hype for the next crossover. Which -- and don't
> get me wrong here, I had a bunch of great fun writing the whole two
> issues that I did -- makes that writing and getting-it-in-on-time seem
> sort of... futile. Again, don't get me wrong, it was really great, and
> I immensely enjoyed every single issue, reading, writing, from March
> 31st right through to this one. Maybe I'm still a little shocked about
> this being the conclusion. I _was_ expecting something a little less
> (and now that horrible word comes back) anticlimactic. I think I felt
> I just had to expand on that, because 'anticlimactic' on its own
> carries the conotation that the ending was a letdown. Which it wasn't.
> It was just remarkably different to even the most far-out ideas I'd
> had. Which is a good thing.

True.  The all out war of the LNH villains against the LNH robot
duplicates was a spectacular battle... but it wasn't what I was
expecting.  And when Dekay and Diskolor are defeated next year (and we
know they will) we should all wonder why they didn't kill the LNH when
they had the chance.  I mean, they kidnapped Kid Kirby.  KID KIRBY!
Or maybe some other cosmic emergency came up in (very) late April and
he never actually got to be leader.  Yeah.  That's got to be it.
Either that or this Kid Kirby was just another Kirbybot.  (Just about
every Kid Kirby story written by somebody other than Jameel was
retconned into being a Kirbybot when Jameel was still around so one
could just assume that the real Kid Kirby left when Jameel stopped
posting.)

Martin