LNH/META: April Leader for a Day Month?

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 02:31:57 PDT 2007

On Mar 21, 10:43 am, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Okay, this is what the list looks like
> at the moment...
>
> If you want something you should
> probably reserve it now... before
> Martin writes all the remaining ones... :)

Not much chance of that for the moment.  Anyone want to volunteer to
do PC Person?  Bicycle Repair Boy sounds like a good candidate too.
I'm thinking of _maybe_ doing Linguist Lass on April 20th.  (That
sounds dirty.)  The problem is that I want to do a full episode and
not just a quick gag.

Here's the problem: a full episode _should_ include a recap (usually
by Kid Recap), an "election" (by Pulls-Paper-Out-Of-Hats Lad), an
bitter sweet acception speech in which the new leader acknowledges
that he/she will disappear at midnight if nothing is done about the
disappearances and, finally, some effort on the part of the characters
still around to cheat the system and prevent their leader from
disappearing.  It reminds me a bit with Gilligan's Island with teh
characters always unsuccessfully trying to get off the island.
Frankly, it looks as though we need a few more writers to get involved
and come up with inventive ways for them to beat the system (keeping
in mind that the legion doesn't know what's really going on.)

Oh and Kid Kirby and Sing Along Lass are still available.  It might be
interesting having Sing Along Lass chosen as leader but Kid Kirby
insists on him going first.  This begs the question of why Kid Kirby
doesn't just volunteer to be leader under the presumption that he'd be
able to kick the butt of whoever is behind this should he be taken.  I
suppose Kid Kirby could serve as leader and disappear if by doing so
he could be caught like everybody else.

Martin