LNH/META: April Leader for a Day Month?

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 03:05:54 PST 2007

On Mar 8, 10:33 am, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Martin Phipps wrote:

> > Each character probably wouldn't get an episode to themselves with
> > some episodes taking place over several days with various people
> > serving and disappearing.
>
> That would be up to each individual writer.

Sorry.  I meant "Each writer..."

> > April 1st: Fearless Leader.
> > (Sarc makes a comment: "You're serious?"  "Yeah."  "Because I thought
> > you were just making an April Fools Day joke.")
>
> > April 2nd: Irony Man
> > April 3rd: Catalyst Lass
> > April 4th: Captain Continuity
>
> I'd put Cheesecake Eater Lad here---^
>
> > April 5th: Cheesecake Eater Lad
>
> I'd put Kid Kirby here---^
>
> I want Dr. Stomper, Occultism Kid, Sarcastic Lad, and Master Blaster to
> be in my Self-Righteous Preacher issue... so they'd be after SRP...
>
> I personally think that by the time Kid Kirby disappears Dr. Stomper
> would see a pattern and decide that essential members (like Dr. Stomper,
> Occultism Kid, Multitasking Man, Organic Lass, Captain Cleanup, and
> Linguist Lass shouldn't be leader) and give it to more expendable members.
>
> > April 6th: Limp Asparagus Lad (in an episode coming out in late 2009)
> > April 7th: Doctor Stomper
> > April 8th: Occultism Kid
> > April 9th: Adamant-Authority-On-Everything
> > April 10th: Anthing You Can Do I Can Do Better Lad (aka Andy Best)
> > April 11th: Parking Karma Kid
> > April 12th: Multitasking Man (who serves as leader while
> > simultaneously still playing Net.trek on a computer in the monitoring
> > room)
> > April 13th: Master Blaster
> > April 14th: Browsing Boy
> > April 15th: Insomnia Boy
> > April 16th: Sarcastic Lad
> > April 17th: Self Righteous Preacher
> > April 18th: Special Bonding Boy
> > April 19th: EDM Lite
> > April 20th: Sister State the Obvious ("We need to find our missing
> > teammates!")
> > April 21st: Linguist Lass
> > April 22nd: Captain Cleanup
> > April 23rd: Domestic Lad
> > April 24th: Squeaky Clean
> > April 25th: Bizarre Boy
> > April 26th: WikiBoy
>
> Lots of former Gen Y members on this list... :)
>
> I think though that we should leave 10 slots open...
>
> Not everyday has to be written.
>
> We shouldn't set everything to stone.
>
> > At this point they have to call people out of retirement.
>
> > April 26th: Pocket Man
> > April 27th: Organic Lass
> > April 29th: California Kid
> > April 30th: Kid Kirby
>
> > and finally...
>
> > May 1st: Procrastination Lad accepts the offer of LNH leadership (Get
> > it?)
>
> Writers for stuff so far:
>
>  > April 1st: Fearless Leader -- ????
>  > April 2nd: Irony Man -- Martin Phipps
>  > April 3rd: Catalyst Lass -- Tom Russell
>  > April 4th: Cheesecake Eater Lad -- ????
>  > April 5th: Kid Kirby -- ????
>
> April 6th:  Self-Righteous Preacher -- Arthur Spitzer

Shouldn't you also do April 1st?  I'm nervous about using Fearless
Leader without Dave Van Domelan's permission.  Of course, he would be
out of it very early on. :)

> Easily Discovered Man Lite -- Rob Rogers
> Faq Boy -- Jamas Enright
>
> I believe that the last time this subject came up Jaelle expressed some
> interest....
>
> Writer's Block Woman -- Jaelle (maybe)
>
>  > April 29th: California Kid
>
> I'd like to see Saxon do a Bicycle Repair Lad issue myself... (so he can
> finally take care of the Hex Luthor plot.  :))

If Saxon agrees then we could dump Bizarre Boy, Organic Lass and
Pocket Man from the list.  No need to bring a lot of characters out of
retirement.  I just wanted to see if there were enough potential
candidates.

Keep in mind that somebody could say to Wikiboy "You'd be the perfect
leader!" and he would be.  He could be higher up on the list.  Cannon
Fodder could also serve as leader because Stomper would theorize that
the others are dead but Cannon Fodder would come back.  When he
doesn't come back the theory would be that they are all still alive
somewhere.  So Domestic Lad also comes off the list.

> Of course if we're going to discuss what force is causing these LNH'rs
> to vanish we should probably take it to e-mail.

California Kid is close to the end.  If you want to do him then
perhaps the secret can be left between you and Rob and the rest of us
are in the dark.

Martin