LNH/META: April Leader for a Day Month?

Arthur Spitzer arspitzer at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 7 18:33:42 PST 2007

Martin Phipps wrote:
> On Mar 7, 10:28 am, "EDMLite" <robroger... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mar 6, 5:02 pm, Arthur Spitzer <arspit... at earthlink.net> wrote:
>>

>>>I figure the in-story reason for how the 30 members would be chosen
>>>would be some Peril Room All the LNH'rs deathmatch thing where the
>>>surviving 30 would get their day as leader...
>>
>>The story could begin with one or more of the obvious choices
>>(Catalyst Lass, Fearless Leader) being chosen, and then disappearing.
>>As it becomes clear that whoever is chosen as leader vanishes, the
>>team
>>begins choosing some of the more unusual members to serve as leader...
>

> Every episode should start with a choosing process.  If each leader
> thinks he / she is going to disappear they might suggest a successor -
> although the LNH may feel that others deserve the role instead.

Haven't a clue about why in the world Self-Righteous Preacher would get
in the leadership position.  Maybe everyone voted drunk.

I think a successor list would probably be why he would become leader.

> Each character probably wouldn't get an episode to themselves with
> some episodes taking place over several days with various people
> serving and disappearing.

That would be up to each individual writer.

Self-Righteous Preacher will get his own episode.

I'd go with the LNH Leaders having the whole day for leadership and
vanishing at midnight.

> Logically, Rob should write the episode with EDM Lite discovering why
> people are disappearing before he too disappears.

I think that revelation should be saved till the last issue of this.

>>>Arthur "Anyone else?" Spitzer
>>
>>I'm in.  It might be hard to find 28 other active LNHers... though I'd
>>love to see some of those who have "retired" return in order to lead
>>the
>>Legion for an issue.
>

> Let's see...
>
> April 1st: Fearless Leader.
> (Sarc makes a comment: "You're serious?"  "Yeah."  "Because I thought
> you were just making an April Fools Day joke.")
>
> April 2nd: Irony Man
> April 3rd: Catalyst Lass
> April 4th: Captain Continuity

I'd put Cheesecake Eater Lad here---^

> April 5th: Cheesecake Eater Lad

I'd put Kid Kirby here---^

I want Dr. Stomper, Occultism Kid, Sarcastic Lad, and Master Blaster to
be in my Self-Righteous Preacher issue... so they'd be after SRP...

I personally think that by the time Kid Kirby disappears Dr. Stomper
would see a pattern and decide that essential members (like Dr. Stomper,
Occultism Kid, Multitasking Man, Organic Lass, Captain Cleanup, and
Linguist Lass shouldn't be leader) and give it to more expendable members.

> April 6th: Limp Asparagus Lad (in an episode coming out in late 2009)
> April 7th: Doctor Stomper
> April 8th: Occultism Kid
> April 9th: Adamant-Authority-On-Everything
> April 10th: Anthing You Can Do I Can Do Better Lad (aka Andy Best)
> April 11th: Parking Karma Kid
> April 12th: Multitasking Man (who serves as leader while
> simultaneously still playing Net.trek on a computer in the monitoring
> room)
> April 13th: Master Blaster
> April 14th: Browsing Boy
> April 15th: Insomnia Boy
> April 16th: Sarcastic Lad
> April 17th: Self Righteous Preacher
> April 18th: Special Bonding Boy
> April 19th: EDM Lite
> April 20th: Sister State the Obvious ("We need to find our missing
> teammates!")
> April 21st: Linguist Lass
> April 22nd: Captain Cleanup
> April 23rd: Domestic Lad
> April 24th: Squeaky Clean
> April 25th: Bizarre Boy
> April 26th: WikiBoy

Lots of former Gen Y members on this list... :)

I think though that we should leave 10 slots open...

Not everyday has to be written.

We shouldn't set everything to stone.

> At this point they have to call people out of retirement.
>
> April 26th: Pocket Man
> April 27th: Organic Lass
> April 29th: California Kid
> April 30th: Kid Kirby
>
> and finally...
>
> May 1st: Procrastination Lad accepts the offer of LNH leadership (Get
> it?)
>
> Martin

Writers for stuff so far:

 > April 1st: Fearless Leader -- ????
 > April 2nd: Irony Man -- Martin Phipps
 > April 3rd: Catalyst Lass -- Tom Russell
 > April 4th: Cheesecake Eater Lad -- ????
 > April 5th: Kid Kirby -- ????

April 6th:  Self-Righteous Preacher -- Arthur Spitzer

Easily Discovered Man Lite -- Rob Rogers
Faq Boy -- Jamas Enright

I believe that the last time this subject came up Jaelle expressed some
interest....

Writer's Block Woman -- Jaelle (maybe)

 > April 29th: California Kid

I'd like to see Saxon do a Bicycle Repair Lad issue myself... (so he can
finally take care of the Hex Luthor plot.  :))

Of course if we're going to discuss what force is causing these LNH'rs
to vanish we should probably take it to e-mail.

Arthur "Leader for a second" Spitzer