LNH: 58.5 #4

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:32:51 PDT 2007

Also spracht EDMLite (Thu, 21 Jun 2007 17:35:33 +0000):
> On Jun 20, 10:16 pm, Lalo Martins <lalo.mart... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Da, da.  Hi and frames you all.  My name is Locked Room.  I picked it
>> for myself because the one my grifing parents gave me is too stupid and
>> hard for you neanderthals to pronounce.
>
> I'm not usually a fan of "future-slang" (it's one of the things I never
> liked about the "Dark Knight" mini-series.  But you've pulled it off
> well here -- it seems natural to the characters, and it's easy enough
> for the reader to figure out what's going on, even without the handy
> glossary.

Thanks!  May said the same, so if you both think so, I guess I'll have to
believe it.  This is one thing I was very afraid of, but it was really
necessary for the character.  Glad you think I pulled it off!

>> "Cool!", she exclaimed.  "You have a giant trilobite!"
>
> I'd been wondering what "Old Ugly" was.  Neat idea!

I don't know why, but I always wanted a trilobite character.  Then again,
I always wanted an incorporeal, abstract character, and I rarely ever use
Blur :-)

> I like this list.  What would you think about putting an "ASH"-style
> chart of names, code-names and powers at the beginning of each issue?
> It's always helped me keep those characters straight (though you, like
> Dave, do a good job of differentiating between them).

Hmm, that could work.  I'll think about it.  The thing is, in the
Looniverse, some powers tend to require a bit more space to explain...
I'll have to ponder the format.  So don't expect it in the text issue :-)
but that doesn't mean I won't do it.

thanks,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----