LNH: An Important Public Service Announcement!

uplink uplink989 at cox.net
Mon Jun 11 20:11:59 PDT 2007

"Lalo Martins" <lalo.martins at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:jmmbi.2$JY1.1 at newsfe07.ams...
> Also spracht uplink (Mon, 11 Jun 2007 23:26:27 +0000):

>> Though that begs the question, why wasn't a PD character made leader?
>
> Nobody thought of that then.

I was there, then, and as I recall, there was active competition to be
leader of the LNH, before it turned into a thankless job that no one wanted.

> And for that matter, having sub groups and task forces, most stories
> didn't really need the leader of the whole LNH to have an active role, or
> even appear.

Hence the PD nature of the leader.  If you wanted just to mention the leader
in a brief cameo, that wasn't really a problem.  (I recall using Rebel Yell
in a short scene in the original OL series without Scav's permission, though
it was a scene where RY was kicking OL out of the LNH for being an
opinionated jerk.  He had like one line, which was something like "Get
Out!")

-uplink