LNH: An Important Public Service Announcement!

uplink uplink989 at cox.net
Mon Jun 11 16:26:27 PDT 2007

"Eagle" <eagle at eyrie.org> wrote in message
news:87k5uaa04h.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu...

> Er, no.  Rebel Yell has never been public domain.  Scav had a thing about
> that, in fact.

Really?  'I seem to remember...'

(Wait a second, John.  You're trying to dredge up specific memories from
more than a decade ago, for something you were involved in for only a few
months.  And you're the one with the faulty memory, right?  Could Be You're
Wrong.)

...ACTUALLY, I remember that some people did use him in their stories, but
you're right: the character was never PD.  Any stories he was in that Scav
didn't write, his permission was asked first.

I thought at one point that any leader of the LNH was automatically PD, but
that's only for mentioning the character -as- leader, not for using the
character in an active sense.

Though that begs the question, why wasn't a PD character made leader?

-uplink