LNH: An Important Public Service Announcement!

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 10 09:17:58 PDT 2007

On Jun 10, 3:45 am, Tarq <mitchell_cro... at caladrius.com.au> wrote:

> This may just be my own denial, but I'm choosing to see the LNH
> Registration as more of an act of desperation; they need some more
> manpower, or, hey, everyone dies and gets dead.

Wait, wait, wait.  Occassionally over the years, there have been
people calling for the Legion's size to shrink, wondering how all
these silly losers got in in the first place.

This is the first time I've ever seen the argument that the LNH, with
at least four-hundred plus members, is not big _enough_. :-)

> I don't see any
> specific 'Civil War'-esque elements to it other than the registration
> itself, and the fact that people may have differing views on it.
> Enough to have an actual net.hero war? I don't think so. I just can't
> see the disfunctional members of the Legion who work so well together
> being at each others throats. They're like a family, in the sense that
> most normal people in society couldn't stand to be in a room with one
> of them for too long, but _they do_.

I've always seen it the same way; the LNH is not so much a hero team
as they are a family or, if you like, a giant support group.  Loony
eccentrics who annoy and love each other.

>  I just
> don't think a Pro-Registration LNH vs. Anti-Registration LNH would
> work. I mean, heck, it's not as if they really have super-secret
> identities anyway.

True.

> That's my view, anyway. I think the Countdown should focus more on
> preparing and bringing the LNH together than taking it apart.

An excellent point.

==Tom