LNH: An Important Public Service Announcement!

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 14:46:12 PDT 2007

Also spracht Tom Russell (Sat, 09 Jun 2007 15:09:03 +0000):
> Personally, I'm not too thrilled with the LNH adopting a Civil War- type
> plotline; when the LNH directly and contemporously parodies a specific
> storyline, it makes the LNH itself less special and unique. (Same goes
> for characters, such as Irony Man, acting as analogues to published
> characters such as Iron Man.)
>
> I think the best LNH stories are those that come from the personalities
> of the characters themselves.  Parodies of _trends_ in current comics
> can be amusing and deliciously sharp, but I think storylines that follow
> the same plots as Marvel or DC comics greatly diminish the Legion of
> Net.Heroes.

On the other hand, the act (I suggested calling it the "Net.Hero
Responsibility Act", dunno if Arthur is using it) is only one of the plot
aspects of our countdown.  There's more, and most of it is worse.
Remember there's an election coming up.

I suppose you could argue that what we're doing is parodying the trend of
having nearly everything in the hero world go to hell and disintegrate --
see Avengers Disassembled, Countdown to IC, then of course Civil War, and
next World War Hulk).

Also -- another twist in the LNH's registration, I don't know if everyone
noticed the important detail, is that registration is handled by the
LNH.  This has some good overtones, potentially at least, while on the
other hand it's also a bit creepy, in which it means all LNHers are
automatically already registered, even if they're against registration.

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
personal:                    http://lalo.hystericalraisins.net/