LNH: An Important Public Service Announcement!

uplink uplink989 at cox.net
Sat Jun 9 12:36:04 PDT 2007

"Tom Russell" <milos_parker at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1181401716.246745.18630 at m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com...
> On Jun 9, 12:48 am, "uplink" <uplink... at cox.net> wrote:
>> Unfortunately that's not how it works, Arthur.  You're not willing to
>> abide
>> by the rules, so... welcome to my killfile.
>
> You forgot the smiley, uplink. :-)

There wasn't a smiley intended.  I killfiled him.  (I took him out later
when I calmed down, so it's all right.)

> Personally, I'm not too thrilled with the LNH adopting a Civil War-
> type plotline; when the LNH directly and contemporously parodies a
> specific storyline, it makes the LNH itself less special and unique.
> (Same goes for characters, such as Irony Man, acting as analogues to
> published characters such as Iron Man.)

The LNH has been parodying comics plotlines for over a decade; I should
know, I was around for the original Inifinte Cry.Sig.  As far as characters
who act as analogues to published characters -- you mean like Ultimate Ninja
or the Dvandom Stranger?

> If by "too silly to exist" you _really_ mean "another classic and
> inspired character created by Our Very Own Arthur Spitzer", then
> you're right.  If you mean that he's actually too silly to exist...

The problem is I should have done my opposition to Billy in illustrative
text, not by voicing my opinion in plain text like I did.  But any character
who uses the term 'Gee Willikers' really _is_ too silly to exist.

-uplink