LNH: An Important Public Service Announcement!

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 08:09:03 PDT 2007

On Jun 9, 12:48 am, "uplink" <uplink... at cox.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately that's not how it works, Arthur.  You're not willing to abide
> by the rules, so... welcome to my killfile.

You forgot the smiley, uplink. :-)

Personally, I'm not too thrilled with the LNH adopting a Civil War-
type plotline; when the LNH directly and contemporously parodies a
specific storyline, it makes the LNH itself less special and unique.
(Same goes for characters, such as Irony Man, acting as analogues to
published characters such as Iron Man.)

I think the best LNH stories are those that come from the
personalities of the characters themselves.  Parodies of _trends_ in
current comics can be amusing and deliciously sharp, but I think
storylines that follow the same plots as Marvel or DC comics greatly
diminish the Legion of Net.Heroes.

> > uplink wrote:
> >> I personally think that Billy has to be one of the SILLIEST characters in
> >> the LNH looniverse, and I've seen them all.  Since it's my Opinion that
> >> he's too silly to exist, he does not.

If by "too silly to exist" you _really_ mean "another classic and
inspired character created by Our Very Own Arthur Spitzer", then
you're right.  If you mean that he's actually too silly to exist...

Well...

As the creator of Pants Rabbit Lad, Haiku Gorilla, WikiBoy, and Ike
the Talking Pike, I'm offended by the idea that any character can be
considered "too silly to exist". :-)

==Tom