LNH/Meta: kiwis

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:32:04 PDT 2007

So, I have a character in 58.5 who is a kiwi.  So I went netside to do
some homework.  They have really long beaks, with the nostrils in the end
(rather than the base, like most birds).  Wings so tiny you can't see
them in the plumage.  And they come in different shades of brown
(depending on the species; one is spotted).

Er.  Why are ours often described as green?  O.o  Are they maybe hybrids
of the bird and the fruit?  Or maybe they just haven't matured yet?  Or
they're radioactive mutant birds?

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----