LNH/Meta: Innovative-Offense Boy and emacs

Lalo Martins lalo.martins at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 09:56:35 PDT 2007

I don't imagine anybody else uses emacs to write LNH stuff, but just in
case, I thought I'd rather share this.  With this in my init file, I
insert a 9-character swearing by doing: alt-9 ctrl-*

(defun insert-swearing (n)
  "insert comic book-style swearing"
  (interactive "p")
  (let ((chars "~!@#$%^&*=?") (newchar ""))
    (dotimes (i n)
      (while (progn (setq newchar (aref chars (random (length chars))))
                    (eq newchar (char-before))))
      (insert newchar)
)))
(global-set-key (kbd "C-*") 'insert-swearing)

best,
                                               Lalo Martins
                           -----
personal:                    http://lalo.hystericalraisins.net/