REVIEW: End of Month Reviews #42 - June 2007 [spoilers]

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at haven.eyrie.org
Sun Jul 15 21:41:12 PDT 2007

In article <BAY105-F11669A22C86987AFE8C17BCAF80 at phx.gbl>,
Saxon Brenton <saxonbrenton at hotmail.com> wrote:

>This leaves me wondering if (a) the dislocation of future history by the
>Impossible Five in _ASH_ set down a mood for stories about dislocating
>history in general, and (b) whether Solar Max got preferential treatment as
>a second generation author insert character.

     Actually, dislocation was always the intent.  The germ of the story from
the word go was "JakZak and Jen stumble into the end of the Second Heroic Age
and stray down a divergence".  However, the original plan was to have them do
as little as possible intentionally to diverge things, with the original
divergence being someone else's fault.  The only real change I made in terms
of primary story direction was realizing that I didn't need to do that, I
could let JZ run with the idea of the divergence.  My original timeline (now
available in the Second Age Sourcebook) still had notes on "this happened in
the divergent timeline", but the differences were smaller.  Mainly just the
Antiochus V attack, and shifting a few later dates (like Fantom's leaving) by
a few days here and there.

>The Reverse Engineers #0
>'New Kids In Town'
>An Academy of Super-Heroes [ASH] series
>by Andrew Burton
>
>     Huh.  So, Doctor Developer is getting a second title.

     Actually, this is his first title.  But while working on the larger
issues of TRE, Andy decided to do some one-shots to get a better feel for the
characters and setting, and I convinced him to let me post them as the LL&DD
series.  :)

     Dave Van Domelen, now must be off to bed.