LNH/META: Name that team

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 01:01:08 PDT 2007

On Jul 9, 12:28 am, Tom Russell <milos_par... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jul 8, 6:07 am, Martin <phippsmar... at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 8, 4:52 pm, Tarq <mitchell_cro... at caladrius.com.au> wrote:
>
> > > Net.ropolis Ninjas?
>
> > This is my favorite. :)
>
> Mine too.  But-- ((ahem)) -- it would be more grammatically
> appropriate, not to mention funnier, if we used the correct plural of
> Ninja, which is, of course, Ninja.
>
> "I'm going to see the Net.ropolis Ninja!"
>
> "Which one?"
>
> "All of them!"

nin·ja
-noun, plural -ja, -jas. (often initial capital letter) a member of a
feudal Japanese society of mercenary agents, highly trained in martial
arts and stealth (ninjutsu), who were hired for covert purposes
ranging from espionage to sabotage and assassination.
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc.
2006.

In Japanese, ninja is the plural form of ninja.  Of course, Japanese
doesn't have plurals for most nouns.

Martin