[ASH] Second Age Sourcebook

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 03:25:48 PDT 2007

On Monday 2 July 2007 dvandom at haven.eyrie.org (Dave Van Domelen) replied:

>>Query: with the similarity of name, eventually going straight,
>>and having a daughter, can you tell me what connection - if
>>any - Powerhouse has with Powerhaus.  In particular, is
>>Cassie Lucky Ball And Chain of the TheyMightBeVillains?
>
>      Mining the same source material, yeah.  Honestly, I forgot I'd
>already done so, Constellation #28 was what, over a dozen years ago and
>that was a one-shot sort of scene?  :)  Consider them to be parallel
>realities, I guess.

<nods> Okay then.

Just let me lock Anal-Retentive-Archive Kid in a broom cupboard
so that he doesn't radiate dangerous levels of Smug about having
picked up on that continuity nitpick, and I will make this observation:

Normally that particular oversight wouldn't be particularly
important, and in a fundamental practical sense I suppose it
still isn't.  After all, at the last moment the story in _Coherent
Super Stories_ #4 veers off into an alternate reality (albeit much
to my surprise; afterwards I kept wondering if it should have
been an issue of _Stranger Tales_).  But since the Sourcebook
is appearing as a companion to a story arc that is mining past
continuity across several decades of stories and various old RPG
games, it creates a bit of cognitive dissonance for me.

---
Saxon Brenton   Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia

Advertisement: New jobsjobsjobs.com.au. Find thousands of jobs online now!
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fad%2Eau%2Edoubleclick%2Enet%2Fclk%3B114014868%3B17770752%3Bi%3Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ejobsjobsjobs%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=762242361&_r=Hotmail_email_tagline_July07&_m=EXT