8FOLD: Jolt City # 5, The Lion, The Witch, and the Unicycle!

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 06:47:14 PST 2007

Martin Phipps wrote:
> Tom Russell wrote:

> > He can
> > feel her pulse, and with each beat it runs through his
> > entire body, echoing soundlessly.
> >    Though his heart is pulsing at its own rate, his
> > body is pulsing at hers.  At her command.
> >    She withdraws her hand and rubs it.  "It's warm,"
> > she says softly.
>
> Oh G-g-god.
>
> > he thinks
> > of Fay Tarif rubbing her hand
>
> and wishing he could be that hand?

All I'm saying, Martin, is just wait until issue seven.  There's going
to be a whole lot more than vibrating hands. :-)

> >    "Good, you're awake."  The voice is from Canada.
> > Probably Quebec (slight french twinge).
>
> Feh.  Americans seem to think Canadians have picked up some French
> intonation.  That's funny, eh?

Not all Canadians-- but the ones I've met from Quebec do seem to have
some French intonation.  Could just be my ears playing tricks on me,
though.

> I actually thought this was better than last issue.  I won't go into
> why because I don't want to say anything bad about last issue.  Let's
> just say at no point did I go "How the @#$% did he do that?" at any
> time while reading this issue.

Feel free to say anything you like about the last issue. :-)

I intentionally tried to make these next few shorter than the last few.
 I had to split up this story into two parts, which I'm kinda not happy
with-- but at the same time, it's a nice cliffhanger, isn't it? :-)

Thanks for the comments, Martin!

> Martin
==Tom