LNH/ACRA: Alt.stralian Yarns #4: Reading Clocks

Tarq mitchell_crouch at caladrius.com.au
Mon Jan 1 00:29:28 PST 2007

Martin Phipps wrote:
> in fact this is an old LNH gag done by people like wReam or
> Tom Russell where in the middle of a story or review you start a
> paragraph -or even a sentence- on topic and then start talking about
> something completely different, like cats because my cat loves me, no
> matter what some animal mind reader who comes across as a bit wonky
> anyway might say, and I know this because he sleeps with us every
> night, although he might be doing that because it's winter now and he
> thinks it's cold and he might just be trying to stay warm, but anyway
> the point is that what you did in the above paragraph is an old gag and
> it's good to see people continuing the tradition. :)
Really? Awesome! I feel so old-school, yo. I actually got my
inspiration for that from Adam Roberts (A.R.R.R. Roberts), probably in
particular from _The Va Dinci Cod_. I don't suppose you could name a
wReam/Russel story where this is shown? You've piqued my interest now.
=)

> Was this officially the first story of 2007 or the last story of 2006?
Heck, '07 by my calendar.

> I think Tom and Arthur and Rob should all move over to this part of the
> world so we don't have to worry about this every year. :)
Addressed to the above mentioned: Start swimming. Right now. Go.
And that should have been 'Tom, Arthur and Rob'. Or possibly 'Tom,
Arthur, and Rob', although I think that the second comma is an uncommon
American convention. I don't know why, but the two 'and's just stuck
out to me when I re-read this. =S

> Martin
~Mitchell