[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #45 - September 2007 [spoilers]

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 00:04:05 PST 2007

On Dec 4, 11:33 am, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > Well, I think in this case it's less about wanting to keep his rep in
> > tact and more about not wanting the entirity of organized crime in
> > Jolt City coming after him in both identities.
>
> I would have prefered to have seen Martin call Anders's bluff.  Anders
> has more to lose than Martin if people realise that his father was the
> Green Knight.  Who would he then turn to to save him from the villains
> who would come after him in revenge?  Martin Rock?

That's a good point and a fairly ingenious logical solution.

Unfortunately, Martin Rock-- like many of us-- does not always act
logically. :-)

Something Jamas once pointed out to me was that Gregory Dingham could
just tell an ATM to give him money-- no need to go the whole big
splashy "supervillain" route.  If Gregory had just taken a moment to
think about the ramnifications of his powers, he would have been-- and
may yet be-- truly something to contend with.  But his emotions, his
personality, his foibles got in the way.  Something similiar could be
said, perhaps, of Martin Rock.

==Tom