[REVIEW] End of Month Reviews #45 - September 2007 [spoilers]

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 08:33:50 PST 2007

On Nov 13, 8:02 am, Tom Russell <milos_par... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 12, 8:38 am, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > That's not the only reason, though.  Part of it is out of habit, sure;
> > > part of it is to try and keep Ray's secret,
>
> > Where did that come from?  At theendof Green Knight #3, Martin was
> > asking Ray why he didn't make a mask statement as he got older:
>
> Well, in that short conversation you quoted, Ray made it fairly clear
> that he wanted his secret kept a secret.  And since then he's gone on
> to respect that, not even telling Roy Riddle or Pam who Ray was--
> though Roy is smart enough to probably figure it out on his own, and
> Pam/Dani would figure it out if she has enough evidence to put
> together.
>
> >   "When the time comes, Mr. Rock, you will renounce
> > my father's will and any claim to his property or
> > fortune."
> >    Martin burst out laughing.  "What?"
> >    "I'm not joking.  You will do this, or else."
> >    "Or else what?"
> >    "I will tell every mob boss in Jolt City who wears
> > the mask without a name."
> >    Martin's face drains white.
>
> Well, I think in this case it's less about wanting to keep his rep in
> tact and more about not wanting the entirity of organized crime in
> Jolt City coming after him in both identities.

I would have prefered to have seen Martin call Anders's bluff.  Anders
has more to lose than Martin if people realise that his father was the
Green Knight.  Who would he then turn to to save him from the villains
who would come after him in revenge?  Martin Rock?

Martin... tried posting this about ten times and hopes it works