REVIEW: LNHCP # 39, ILC # 4

Saxon Brenton saxonbrenton at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 25 18:03:14 PDT 2007

On Friday 24/August/2007 EDMLite <robrogers72 at gmail.com> made
the observation:

>Which brings up the question: which characters actually displayed the
>most leadership during the Infinite Leadership Crisis (so far)?
>
>For my money (and there's not much of that), both Captain Continuity
>and Limp-Asparagus Lad acted as true leaders.  Each was willing to
>take on the administrative tasks no one else wanted for the
>good of the team, allowing others to solve the mystery or fight the
>villains.  To me, that's what leadership is all about...
>
>...and yet none of us placed them on the ballot for the election.
>
>Thoughts?

There are different types of leadership styles.  As a counter-example,
You're-Not-Hitting-Me-Hard-Enough lad *tried* to handle the paperwork,
but realised that it was beyond him and so turned to organising disaster
the previous day and get the searching back underway.   And Footnote
Girl knew straight off that there was no way she could handle the
paperwork, so she delegated to W.I.L.B.U.R. and told him to only bring
her anything that needed signing.

As for the leadership ballot:  I assumed that Limp-Asparagus Lad was
only picked in the first week because Hats Lad's hat contained all the
LNH's names that were picked at random.  If had been left to people
to remember his name and take the time to consider whether he was
leadership material, then he probably wouldn't have had a turn until at
least halfway through Infinite April.  I'm further assuming that this is
why, in story, he didn't get nominated for the current leadership
ballot behind his back the same was that Weirdness Magnet was.

---
Saxon Brenton     Uni of Technology, city library, Sydney Australia
"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a
complex world of jet-powered apes and time-travel." - Superman, JLA
Classified #3

Advertisement: Fast track your education. Become TAFE qualified fast
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Acon%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Asalarycentre&_t=764565661&_r=Seek_Main_AUG07_TAGlines&_m=EXT