REVIEW: LNHCP # 39, ILC # 4

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 11:27:22 PDT 2007

On Aug 23, 9:07 pm, Tom Russell <milos_par... at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The fourth installment-- Martin's second-- sets up the general plot
> device of Pulls-Paper-Out-of-Hats Lad choosing the new leader.
> Amusingly, it also subverts it, as the very first leader chosen--
> Coward Lad-- refuses the job.  Captain Continuity, acting out of a
> higher sense of duty, agrees to take on the role-- perfectly in
> keeping with the rather stiff and typically heroic characterization
> we've seen over the years.

Which brings up the question: which characters actually displayed the
most leadership during the Infinite Leadership Crisis (so far)?

For my money (and there's not much of that), both Captain Continuity
and Limp-Asparagus Lad acted as true leaders.  Each was willing to
take on the administrative tasks no one else wanted for the
good of the team, allowing others to solve the mystery or fight the
villains.  To me, that's what leadership is all about...

...and yet none of us placed them on the ballot for the election.

Thoughts?

--Easily-Discovered Man Lite
--Still supporting the dark kiwi candidate