REVIEW: A Comparision of Superfreaks Season 2 # 6 and Encyclopedia Brown

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 15:11:37 PDT 2007

Touching on Thurber, his famous story "The Secret Life of Walter
Mitty" illustrates my point about behaviour vs. "unique voice" far
better than any erudition on my part might.

In that story, Walter doesn't really have a single unique voice,
rather trying on different voices for each of his fantasy-lives; but
it's his _behaviour_-- the way in which he wraps himself up in a
fantasy world-- that makes the character, and the story, famous,
remarkable, memorable, and, finally, just plain great crackerjack
characterization.

==Tom