LNH: LNH Encounters

Dave Van Domelen dvandom at haven.eyrie.org
Sun Apr 29 22:45:34 PDT 2007

In article <1177889861.889102.114350 at e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
Martin Phipps  <martinphipps2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>I also had Paul Hardy stay with me: he wrote the Legion of Occult
>Heroes series.  The guy was a film student from England.  I wonder
>what happened to him.  Anyway, he insisted that the alley outside my
>apartment in Montreal had been used in some movie.  Hey, whatever,
>just as long as it wasn't a real police incident then I'm not
>worried.  He insisted that the "pub" we went to was a "restaurant"
>because pubs don't have printed menus: you have to ask the pub owner
>what he'll be serving tonight.  Right.  That would have been back in
>the middle ages.  Anyway, we watched Sienfeld (He hated it) and he
>slept on the floor in a sleeping bag that I had.  I also made eggs and
>sausage the next morning.  Yes, I know how to cook eggs.  And no, he
>didn't die (as far as I know).

     Yep, Paul stopped by my place during Operation: Arsedeath too.
http://www.dvandom.com/drawings/paul.html has a couple pics I took while he
was over.  He was jealous of my mastery of Goon Show voices.  :) I took him
to a nearby hotel, though, since my apartment in Columbus was 8x14 feet and
even if my lease had allowed overnight guests it would have been a tight fit.

>Finally, I met Tony Pi (pronounced pea, not pie, and yes I did ask) at
>McGill.  I told him I recognized his name from RACC.  He didn't seem
>impressed.

     More like "bee" than "pea", although it's one of those cases where the
consonant isn't exactly mapped into English.  He stopped by when I was at
Michigan State for a conference, arriving a day early so we could hang out.

     Rob Rogers once showed up at my door in Columbus, to my surprise.  And
Tori Fike came to a New Year's Eve party a fellow RAC-inhabiting Ohio State
grad threw one year, so I got to meet her.  Of course, Mark Friedman was an
OSU person too, and he was in my gaming group.  I think that's it for LNHers
I've met in person, though.  Then again, it's almost 1 AM and my brain's a
little hazy.

     Dave Van Domelen, never actually met Mike Friedman, oddly.