SUPERFREAKS: Superfreaks Season 1 DVD Special Feature

Martin Phipps martinphipps2 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 11:20:42 PDT 2007

Interview with the series creator.

Q: Where did the idea for Superfreaks come from?

A: I had this idea for a story involving Night Man and Moon Boy that I
pitched to a rival network.  In thr story, Moon Boy was suing Night
Man for having been subject to child endangerment and abuse as a
sidekick.  That's how I first developed the idea of police detectives
and lawyers having to deal with superheroes.

Q: Why didn't you develop that idea into the series proper?

A: I considered the idea of using it as a flashback story, the only
problem being was that the series proper was meant to focus on eight
main characters and that particular story only dealt with secondary
characters from the Superfreaks series.

Q: Were there any other stories that didn't actually get aired?