LNH: LNH Comics Presents #55: Infinite Leadership Crisis Episode 20

EDMLite robrogers72 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:00:28 PDT 2007

On Apr 19, 3:21 pm, Martin Phipps <martinphip... at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   "There's no harm," Obnoxious Ame.rec.a Boy said.  "I
> just don't want to.  English is the most commonly
> spoken language in the world.  Why should I speak
> another language when they can all just learn
> English?"
>   Linguist Lass just stood there for a minute with her
> mouth hanging open, utterly appalled by what Obnoxious
> Ame.rec.a Lad had just said.

I think Obnoxious Ame.rec.a Boy is turning out to be the
breakout character of this series.  I'm not sure why --
perhaps it says something about the state of the world
that every leader of the LNH almost immediately has to
deal with the subject of intolerance, and there is no
character more intolerant than OAB, now that Self-
Righteous Preacher has disappeared.

Or maybe it's because so many of the current LNH
writers are not from the U.S....

>   Linguist Lass and Browsing Boy went to bed.  As he
> promised, he didn't let her go.  She feel asleep in
> his arms.  Soon, he too feel asleep, his arms still
> wrapped around his wife.
>
>   Nevertheless, when he woke up later in the early
> morning, she had disappeared.

What a beautiful, haunting scene -- and a great way
to end this episode.

--Rob Rogers
--Easily-Discovered Man Lite of the LNH