META: Plot vs. Character

Tom Russell milos_parker at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 5 13:32:51 PDT 2006

Pudde Fjord wrote:
> Tom Russell wrote:
>
> > Especially when a character is extremely powerful, world-building is
> > very important.  Really, Superman's not as interesting as his world--
> > which is why, in general, the post-crisis Supes has held less interest
> > for me (Busiek seems to be on the right track, though).
> >

> Which crisis are you referring to?

Crisis on Infinite Earths... the only *real* crisis. :-)

I've actually been out of the comics loop for several years, and am
only now coming back to it.  A lot of the recent Marvel stuff has
turned me off, and I only buy a few comics a month.  I think it's
Busiek more than Big Blue that's got me reading Superman.

I mostly tend to buy Archie & Duck stuff these days.

> Pudde.

==Tom